Monday, September 3, 2012

Oh bar glitter!




I can’t believe it’s already September! I have to catch you guys up on my posts! August was a busy busy month for me, school, work and a trip to Peru! I wanted to share a mani I did a few weeks back, if you follow me on FB you probably saw pictures but here it goes, enjoy!

I had a wedding to go to in August and was going on vacation right after that. I wanted something nice and versatile and since I was going to cold weather I wanted to stay away from bright colors. I was also dying to try my first 2 bar glitter polishes.

For this mani I used:
  • ·         CND – Stickey Base Coat
  • ·         Sinful Colors – Secret Admirer #933
  • ·         OPI – Save Me
  • ·         Orly – Be Brave
  • ·         OPI – Top Coat

Here is what I wore to the wedding... yes my shoes sparkle :)
Base color :  Sinful Colors – Secret Admirer #933
Here I am wearing OPI - Save Me & Orly - Be Brave over it. (one coat of each)
Completely off topic but I must tell you I am writing this post in the car as my dear boyfriend is driving us back from MN to KC and he is so silly, he just turned on the Spanish music station (mind you he is from MN and does not speak Spanish). I think he is just trying to get my attention but any who, back to this post.

I love how this combo turned out, I am still kinda new to all the different glitter kinds out there and what not, and have read that some people do not like bar glitter as it can be rebellious and refuse to lay flat. Both of the ones I used were perfect and easy to work with. I was hesitant to use Sinful Colors as the base color as I really wanted my nails to last for a while, I don’t know about you but I don’t feel like re-doing my nails while I’m on vacation.

Natural light
One more pic :)
I had this combo on for 2 full weeks, which included luggage pulling at multiple airports and I experienced no chips or peeling whatsoever! Obviously my nails grew and you could see that towards the end of the 2 weeks but I am truly impressed at how long the polishes stayed on.

What do you think? Any other bar glitter polishes you recommend?

Thank you for stopping by,
Fiorella :)

No comments:

Post a Comment