Saturday, August 4, 2012

My GlossyBox USA July 2012 - Review & why I cancelled...

So... yeah this post is super late, I guess I just wasn't all that excited to write about the GlossyBox USA July 2012 box... If you are subscribed to GlossyBox, or if you read my June's review (if you haven't, you can read it here), you should know that I had mixed feelings and this third box was going to be a deciding factor for me as far as keeping the membership or cancelling. Well, I cancelled.

I was charged for the July box on July 3rd, (let's not forget I received my JUNE box on 7/5) and since GlossyBox does not issue refunds (at least that is what their website stated at that point in time) I pretty much had to wait for my July box or be out $21. 

Thankfully they made some changes so people would start getting the box within the month it belongs to and with just enough time to decide whether you want to cancel or not before they bill you again.

I received my tracking email on July 25th (Wednesday) and I received my box on July 28th (Saturday). I emailed them on July 30th as well as posted on their Facebook page very respectfully that I needed to make sure my request was processed before the next billing date. I received confirmation of the cancellation on July 31st.

GlossyBox USA July 2012
The box was ok, is not that the products are bad, but I just wasn't excited to receive them. June's box, while late, had at least 3 awesome products I loved and now use frequently. This box, I don't know, on a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 5... and for $21, I don't know about you, but I want at least a 7 or an 8!!! My July Birchbox was an 8, close to a 9 and so was the MyGlam bag... Did I completely confuse you yet? Do you have a rating system?

It was sealed all the way!

Does anyone read this "Magazine"? 
The theme was "Summer Nights" (I personally didn't get that vibe)
The "card"
Alessandro International - Pedix Heel Rescue Balm (looks like a decent size product. I haven't had the urge to open it and actually try it yet)
Sebastian - Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo (maybe one day when my hair is not black all over ,  I could use this)
Ofra Cosmetics - Universal Eyebrow Pencil (It doesn't say but it looks dark brown) I don't have an eyebrow pen, never really thought I needed one but I guess I'll play with this.
Senna Cosmetics - Double Dose Lip Laquer  (Chocolate Cherry)
I tried both colors, they are ok, but I'm not feeling "Summer Night-ish" wearing them... Not sure if I am keeping this or giving it to my Mom or Grandma... 
This was an "extra surprise". Have not tried it yet, I'm sure it will be ok, but nothing too exciting...
I've seen some cool looking advertising for the August GlossyBox USA, and now that I have cancelled, it might be awesome and I might be sad and jealous when I see everyone else posting their boxes... But it might also just be a 5 again and then I would be really sad if I hadn't cancelled.

I am trying to simplify and only keep a couple of subscriptions, for now MyGlam and Birchbox have met my expectations and I have had them both for 3 months. For $10 each, they are worth it to me, I feel like I am getting fun products. I still have my Julep subscription but the metallics weren't floating my boat so I skipped July and the mystery box, gotta love the skip the month option!

I can't say I will never try GlossyBox again, if at some point I decide to drop one of the other subs, and I see from other people's feedback that they are truly awesome, I might give it a second shot.

Anywho, lots of rambling on this post huh? Well it's past 1:00 am, what are your thoughts on GlossyBox?  

Thank you for stopping by,


Fiorella :)



6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried GlossyBox but this doesn't look very impressive to me. In fact, I just received one of the "extras" myself by requesting it from the company. To me, that makes this even more less special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly how I feel Melanie, that's why I cancelled. After 3 months I was not impressed :(

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of these beauty boxes yet, but I don't think I will anytime soon. I'm too picky about my products and although it's a nice idea, it's not for me!

    By the way I just gave you The Liebster Award on my blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, boxes can be tricky, I do like MyGlam and Birchbox for now :) Thanks for nominating me, will do my part here shortly :)

      Delete
  3. Bummer! Glossybox is much cheaper in Canada, ($15) and we got a zoya nail polish from the summer collection for july. (I got Reagan.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah $15 maybe but over $20, no way. I'm not regretting cancelling so far. Plus now that I'm doing swaps and someone introduced me to eBay, my mailbox is overflowing anyway! hahaha

      Delete