Monday, September 24, 2012

Easy Halloween mani! Nail decals review! English & Español



Well hello! I know we are still in September but time flies by and I had the awesome opportunity to test/review nail decals by Make it Stick, you can find them on Etsy or Facebook

Hola! Ya se que aun estamos en Setiembre pero el tiempo pasa volando y tuve la fabulosa oportunidad de probar y hacer un analisis de las calcomania para uñas de la compania "Make it Stick", los pueden encontrar en Etsy o en Facebook.

The owner/creator of this company belongs to one of the nail polish lover communities/groups I belong to (yes, there is such thing!) and offered to send some of her new decals for review, I was not paid for this review and this post contains my honest opinion  about these products :)

La dueña/creadora de esta compañia, pertenece a una de las comunidades/grupos de chicas que adoran los esmaltes de uñas, (es cierto, existen este tipo de grupos) alli la conoci, y me ofrecio mandarme unas muestras de las nuevas calcomanias para probarlas. No me pagaron para hacer este analisis y las opiniones en este articulo son mias y son honestas acerca de estos productos.

Here is what I received: instructions, transfer tape, Halloween decals (3 designs, sorry, I had already cut some out to use when I took this picture). I also received lips/kisses decals (I requested these as I have something in mind for them, you will see that on a future post).

Aqui esta lo que recibi: instrucciones, cinta de transferencia, calcomanias de Halloween (3 diseños, lo siento, ya habia cortado algunas cuando tome la foto). Tambien recibi calcomanias de besitos/labios (yo se las pedi especialmente porque tengo una idea para usarlas, ya lo veran en el futuro).

Close up of the instructions card:
Vista cercana de las instrucciones:

Here are all the polishes I used for this mani:
Aqui estan todos los esmaltes que use para esta manicure:

I wanted to pick base colors that wouldn't overpower the decals, I went with Orly Decades of Dysfunction and butter LONDON Knackered.
Quise elegir colores que no fueran muy fuertes y opacaran las calcomanias. Elegi Decades of Dysfunction de Orly y Knackered de butter LONDON.

First I put 3 coats of Orly Decades of Dysfunction on my thumb and my ring finger, I used 4 coats of Knackered as it is quite sheer.
Primero use 3 capas de Decades of Dysfunctions de Orly en mi pulgar y mi dedo anular, use 4 capas de Knackered de butter LONDON ya que es menos opaco..
Close up:
Vista cercana:

Applying the decals was fairly easy, I did not use the transfer tape provided, I used pointy tweezers to peel off the decal and applied it to each nail as follows: 
Aplicar las calcomanias fue relativamente facil, no use la cinta de transferencia que me enviaron, lo que use fueron pinzas punteagudas para despegar la calcomania del papel y las coloque como ven:
As you can see I didn't quite get the right placement of the decal on my ring finger :(
Como podran ver, no me salio muy bien la aplicacion de la calcomania en el dedo anular :(


I added butter LONDON Pillar Box Red to the edge of said nail, and look, problem solved! 
Se me ocurrio usar Pillar Box Red de butter LONDON en el borde de la uña, y miren, problema resuelto!



This is my left hand, with 2 coats of OPI Top Coat, I did not need to add red polish to the edge because I knew how to place the decal this time. April recommends using nail scissors to trim the edges, I'm sure I have some but couldn't find them, I used cuticle nippers and they worked just fine.

Esta es mi mano izquierda, con 2 capas de Top Coat de OPI, no fue necesario usar mas esmalte rojo porque a estas alturas ya sabia como colocar la calcomania. April (la dueña de Make it Stick), recomienda usar tijeritas de uñas para cortar los bordes de las calcomanias. Seguramente tengo un par por ahi pero no las encontre asi que use el instrumento para cortar las cuticulas y funciono muy bien.

What do you think of this mani? I love how you can turn a simple mani into something so cool by just using decals. I would definitely recommend these decals as they were easy to work with and the quality of the detail is superb! Thank you Make it Stick! 

Que opinan de esta manicure? Me encanta como se puede convertir una mani tan sencilla en algo tan chevere con solo usar calcomanias :) Yo definitivamente recomiendo estos productos ya que fueron muy faciles de usar y la calidad es muy buena! Gracias Make it Stick!


If you would like to try some nail decals check out their Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeitstickdesigns they have other non-Halloween decals as well and prices start at $2.50! Let them know I sent you and have an awesome week!

Si estan interesadas en probar estas calcomanias, visiten la tienda de Etsy, me confirmaron que hacen envios internacionales  http://www.etsy.com/shop/makeitstickdesigns , tambien tienen otros modelos que no son de Halloween y los precios empiezan a $2.50! Avisenles que yo los envie y tengan una linda semana!


Thank you for stopping by,

Gracias por pasar por aqui,

Fiorella :)

5 comments:

  1. awesome review! answered all my question, i bought some the other day im super excited to try them out :) i got bows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I'm glad I helped answer your questions! The bows are super cute! I have seen them on the shop! I just clicked on your blog, love your layout! You should add the "followers" button so I can follow you and check out how the bows turn out :)

      Delete
  2. I bought some of the blood ones the other day, and I am so excited to get them in and post about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. woo hoo! The blood ones are probably my favorite, I already have another idea for them! I will test it soon and post :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the wonderful post!!! They look Fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete