Monday, July 23, 2012

Sinful Colors Professional … I’m a sinner!


A couple of years ago I picked up a couple bottles of Sinful Colors nail polishes at Walgreens, don’t remember the names but I think one was orange and the other one purple, I liked them ok for the price. I moved and ended up leaving them behind; a few months ago Walgreens had them on sale for $0.99 so I picked up 3 glitter polishes, Frenzy #922, Call You Later #932 and Nail Junkie #927, I loved them all :)
Time went by and I started developing a nail polish addiction, OPI, China Glaze, Venique and lately Julep, I started this blog and I started following other polish related blogs :) and a couple days ago there it was… temptation again… Walgreens having that freaking sale once again… Sinful Colors Professional polishes for $0.99… ahhhhhhhhh!!!

I skipped my Julep box this month, just wasn’t feeling the metallic they had to offer (if I regret missing out I will pray for a mystery box) and so as any good addict would do, I felt justified to shop at 4 different Walgreens within the last 24 hours and ended up with 15 brand new beautiful Sinful Colors!!!!  (Note to self: they are on sale until Saturday… stay away, stay away!!!)

I have been testing them on just one nail at the time for the most part and can tell you that for $0.99 I am pretty satisfied, of course some of them need underwear (base color) and definitely wouldn’t skip on base or top coat, overall love the variety and the consistency!

My new polishes:

Unicorn #953 (creamy light yellow? It made me think of Vanilla pudding, I love the color but definitely needs underwear… pics show it after 3 coats and you can still see some spots)

San Francisco #283 (I am soooo using this one for Christmas, I can’t wait to put my China Glaze Twinkle Lights as a top coat on this baby! Definitely needs 3 coats)

Neptune #1114 (One of those bottles that catches your eye, you pick it up, you put it down, repeat the cycle a couple of times and finally take it home, can’t explain my attraction to it but it’s there… maybe the micro tiny mini mini shimmer?)

Grecian Sun #1109 (makes me feel really trendy for some reason haha)

Innocent #944 (lime green, definitely needs 3 coats, definitely a summer shade to play with)

Cinderella #1106 (need I say more? This color is to die for! It definitely needs underwear as it took about 5 coats to get opaque but I am not giving up, it’s unlike any other color in my stash and it just makes you feel all princess-y)

Secret Admirer #933 (Dark gray, almost black with tiny tiny micro shimmer particles in silver, AWESOME, opaque after 2 coats, can’t wait to see it with glitter on top!)

Snow Me White #101 (plain creamy white, super opaque in just 2 coats!!!)

Tokyo Pearl #112 (beautiful pearly white, 2 or 3 coats)

Cross My Heart #957 (Red, Jelly like, beautifully bright, I used 3 coats but you wanna try it as a top coat for a Jelly Sandwich mani!)

Rise and Shine #940 (Teal/Turquoise, after 3 coats it looks great, it dries to a satin finish and you can see tiny shimmer if you look up close)

Pull Over #955 (I have this love/hate relationship with yellow polishes and somehow I own way too many yellows but I had to try it! Think Taxi Cab Yellow! After 3 coats is still streaky :( Ugh! Definitely needs underwear…)


Let’s Talk #929 (True purple, some might call it metallic… OMG! This one kept looking at me and begging me to take it home, I gave in, I did and it’s one of my new favorites, 2 or 3 coats depending on how obsessive you are)

Pinky Glitter #830 (yes I had to test it on my pinky! I have picked this one up at least 10 times in the last few months, today I finally bought it and I love it, it’s so simple and so beautiful at the same time! 3 coats and it’s all you need!)

Ciao Bella #989 (apparently I have a case of the bluesssss! It shines like crazy! It needs 3 coats and it makes me feel rich haha)

  
Have you tried Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polishes? What do you think? I appreciate your comments and read them all! Thank you for stopping by!
Fiorella :)

4 comments:

  1. These are all so gorgeous! I liked your new page. I only have 2 sinful colors, I have only seen them once ever and I bought the 2 colors that were left. They have never been at that store again since then though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) For the price I couldn't help myself! They are everywhere here :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for following my page, Samples by Entaeyen. I'll follow you, also :)

    I have a couple of these. Some of these I've never seen, but they look really pretty. I especially like Neptune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melanie! Thank you, yes Neptune is beautiful!!! :)

      Delete